Welcome to the all new BFBS TV Player
If you are serving overseas and have access to a good internet connection, you can watch BFBS TV on your mobile device and PC with the brand new BFBS TV Player.
- Even More TV channels
- New catch up features
- Improved user experience
- Greater choice than ever before
How to get the new BFBS TV Player
Download the App
You can download the latest version of the BFBS TV Player from the App Store or on Google Play and then login to the new BFBS TV Player using your Defence Gateway login and password.
Or you can watch online in your favourite web browser on PC or Mac.
If you are new to the BFBS TV Player, you can access the BFBS Player if you have a Defence Gateway login.
New features and more channels are planned for the new BFBS TV Player, giving you the best legal way to watch British TV wherever you are serving overseas.
The BFBS TV Player is only available to British Armed Forces and MoD personnel and their dependants serving or posted overseas. While you are in the UK you may use the BFBS TV Player but only limited TV channels will be available due to Rights restrictions required by our broadcast partners. Please be aware that you may be committing a civil and/or military offence if you try to circumvent these limitations or allow the BFBS TV Player to be used by non-authorised personnel.
Other ways to receive BFBS whilst overseas, on Ops or at sea
Whilst the new BFBS TV Player is great for our overseas audiences in locations with good internet access, we know there are many places without fast internet connections or with no internet connection at all!
Live and On Demand Media with MiPlayer
For ships at sea and remote locations with limited or no internet, MiPlayer delivers TV and Radio programmes, movies, music, newspapers and magazines to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and communal TV viewing in remote locations and on Navy and RFA vessels.
- Designed for serving personnel
- Legally cleared content from British broadcasters, sporting bodies and Hollywood
- For disconnected locations or IP bandwidth less than 1Mbps per user device, e.g. ships, submarines, FOBs, expeditionary and austere
- MiPlayer can connect to local IP infrastructure and suitable WiFi networks
- Ability to top up and refresh media files via any internet connectivity, either permanent or opportunistic, e.g. 3G/4G, satellite internet or local WiFi
- Designed for round-the-clock duty patterns, device always reloaded ready for downtime
- Live TV via WiFi when connected to BFBS TVRO satellite dish
- Other solutions designed for different users' environments
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.