Africa satellite coverage
- 38dB Contour
BFBS TV and Radio services can be received across Africa from the NSS12 57.0° East Satellite, Western Hemisphere Transponder. All unobscured mainland locations within the 38dB signal strength contour should be able to receive BFBS services with a satellite dish of 1.8m diameter. It may be possible to receive BFBS services in locations outside of the 39 contour, but these locations would have to be investigated on a case by case basis. BFBS has software tools to do this using just the co-ordinates.
1.a Domestic 2.4m dish self–install kit from £970
1.b Professional 2.4m dish self–install kit from £3750
1.c Rapid-Reaction Fly Away Kit – available to purchase or lease. POA.
2. Tool Kit from £135 (can be re-used for multiple installations)
3. Pre-programmed professional Satellite Finder from £600 (can be re-used for multiple installations)
Alternatively you can arrange a satellite dish to be installed by a local contractor or have BFBS Technicians carry out the satellite dish procurement and installation on your behalf.
BFBS Signal Details on NSS12 57.0° East - Western Hemisphere Transponder
- Satellite Position: 57.0° East (Of Greenwich Meridian)
- Satellite Band: C-Band
- Required LNB Lo Frequency: 5150 (Standard for C-Band)
- Downlink Frequency(MHz): 3798MHz
- Polarization: Right Hand Circular (Horizontal 18V)
- Symbol Rate(KSps): 19167
- Modulation: DVB-S2 – QPSK
- FEC: 3/5
For more information or advice contact the BFBS Service Desk on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1494 878100.